Scholarship Winner Veronica Palmer: Getting to know you
1. What College (are you/will you) be attending?
BCTC (Bluegrass Community and Technical College) in Lexington
2. Have you chosen a major? If so what is it?
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
3. Who inspires you and Why?
My Aunt Carolyn inspires me because she has been through a lot as a mother. She had a son who was killed in the line of duty as a police officer and another son who was permanently disabled from an accident. She somehow pushes through it and is a role model for me.
4. What is your favorite school memory?
The Pep Rally’s at school provided great memories. They were entertaining and just super extra all the way around.
5. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mr. Matson was my favorite teacher because he made jokes and kept the classes very entertaining.
6. What food can you just not stand?
7. What food do you use for comfort?
Mac n’ cheese is my go to comfort food.
8. Where would you go on your dream vacation?
Paris, to see the Eifel Tower
9. Who would be joining you on this vacation?
I would go with my closest girlfriends and my absolute best friend Dielle. I know it would be a great time.
10. What charity do you support?
PETA because I can’t stand the thought of any type of cruelty to animals.
11. What community events have you been involved with?
I help out with Girls on the Run. We work to encourage pre-teen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games, we end with a celebratory 5k run.
12. What is your favorite sport to watch or play?
I did gymnastics for 10 years. I especially love to watch it during the Olympics.
In your own words tell us how the UFCW Local 227 has impacted you and your family?
With the current program I am participating in, 8-5 M-F, it doesn’t allow me a chance to work to help pay for college. The scholarships the UFCW Local 227 has offered will help to alleviate some of those costs.